Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Week 6 EOC: How has Art Changed Me

How Has Art Changed Me


I started my art interest after high school. I studied Graphic Arts and learned about the different programs the curriculum had in store for us. After learning what was needed to succeed, I started to look at my life a bit differently. Art causes you to wonder about the big things in life and if they should really be small things. Those things could be what career you want to have in the future or if you want to be a freelance artist. I started to embrace life more unrestricted versus non-artists that worked the 9-to-5 lifestyle. Life became full of bright colors. I used to wear a lot of black clothing, but I now wear brighter colors. I don’ t really follow fashion rules because I can appreciate all fashion as art. I boldly express myself in white jeans after Labor Day and boots in the summer. I used to second-guess every color decision I made with clothes. Like “does this blue match that blue” or “should I wear a hat with this outfit?” I now go into galleries and look at the artwork and actually understand it. I analyze pictures a lot more than I use to. I quiz myself on the composition and where the lights were actually placed. I try to guess where the sun was when the photo was taken. Sometimes I laugh at myself because I use the “square photo” fingers to see if I could get a great picture out of it. It’s interesting to see what else might happen in a couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment